What this code promotes
QUATIC has been a forum for disseminating advanced methods, techniques and tools for supporting quality approaches to ICT engineering and management. Practitioners and researchers are encouraged to exchange ideas and approaches on how to adopt a quality culture in ICT process and product improvement and to provide practical studies in varying contexts. That requires openness, international collaboration, and the free flow of talent and ideas in a safe, productive, and welcoming environment to all participants, including staff members and student volunteers.
QUATIC's Code of Ethical Conduct promotes an environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every person and group, fosters dignity, understanding, mutual respect and embraces diversity, so that all QUATIC participants will feel welcome, included, respected, and safe. That includes all conference-related activities, before, during and after the meeting itself, both in loco and in official communications channels, including social media.
What this code rejects
QUATIC’s Code of Ethical Conduct rejects unwelcome or hostile behavior or speech that intimidates, creates discomfort, or interferes with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation. That includes any manifestation of discrimination, harassment, or bullying, including, but not limited to:
- any kind of discriminative behavior (e.g. harmful comments, writings, or actions) based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, medical conditions, body size, race, color, age, marital status, national origin, religion or any other status protected by laws in the country where QUATIC is being held;
- sustained disruption of talks or other conference-related activities, namely using abusive or degrading language;
- deliberate intimidation or stalking;
- unwelcome sexual attention or inappropriate physical contact;
- harassing photography or recording;
- exhibition of sexual imagery;
- advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
How can code violations be reported
If you feel that you or another participant are subject to any of the aforementioned unacceptable behaviors, please notify immediately any QUATIC staff member identified by a special badge. You may also report it by email to email@example.com, namely for ethical conduct violations occurring before or after the meeting takes place (e.g. in official communications channels, including social media).
If extreme cases, if you detect an imminent danger, please dial 112, the European free-call number for accidents or emergencies (e.g. medical emergency, police, fire rescue), from a mobile or fixed phone.
How is this code enforced
QUATIC participants are expected to adhere to the principles and rules of this Code of Ethical Conduct, both in the conference venue and outside it during the social program, as well as in all conference-related activities before and after the meeting itself. In case of violation, QUATIC organizers retain the right to take any actions required to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants.
In least severe situations the enforcement of this Code of Ethical Conduct may include warning the offender to stop immediately the inadequate behavior. In case of reoccurrence or in more severe situations, it may include expulsion from the conference without refund and/or inclusion in a blacklist for preventing participation in future editions.